Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) is a World Class independent provider of global factory-to-dealer transport solutions for the automotive, agricultural and construction equipment industries. The company also specializes in handling complex project cargoes such as rail cars, power generators, mining equipment and yachts. WWL's sophisticated supply chain management services ensure an efficient integration of ocean transportation, inland distribution, terminal handling and a large comprehensive range of specialized technical services.
Senior Database Administrator (DBA)
At the company’s head office in Oslo, there is an open position as Senior Database Administrator (DBA)
Professional Responsibilities and Authority:
- Be responsible for delivery of day to day operations of the DB platformManage requirements on backup, recovery and disaster recovery for
- DB platform towards outsourcing provider.
- Act as Ops representative towards Global Applications department to ensure proper governance and capacity/performance management of our DB platform and data models.
- Responsible for management of 3rd party suppliers’ performance and deliverables, within area of responsibility.
- Provide infrastructure services to and advice and ensure safe handover of new solutions to Operations.
- Provide database logical and physical design recommendations as needed to IT Apps
- Continuously optimize and refine performance of database systems (both logically and operationally)
- Detailed knowledge of Oracle database components including DR provisioning, capacity planning, logical and physical design.
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Working knowledge of other database systems.
- Ability to analyze and manage complex database solutions.
- Experience of working in complex, mission critical environments.
- Ability to work remotely and virtually across time zones and regions using structured industry standard work processes (ITIL or other based)
- Ability to explain complex ideas in a manner commensurate with audience.
- Ability to think out the box and seek ways to challenge the status quo in a practical and constructive manner.
- Ability to translate technical services into business focused services.
- Independent, but also hold excellent team working credentials
- Dutiful and good at follow up
- A problem solver
- A troubleshooter
- Solution oriented
- A barrier breaker
- Contact information
For further information about this position, please contact Mr. Knut Forså, cell phone +47 909 24 341 at Resumé AS – Executive Search & Selection. We meet your application with resume at email@example.com